Dragons are also messengers of balance, and magic - encouraging us to tap into our psychic nature and see the world through the eyes of mystery and wonder.
Characteristics of the Nine Dragons:
- P'u-lao: Alerts one to danger, and serves as a protector. Often engraved on bells, sacred singing bowls, and gongs.
- Ch'iu-niu: Creator of Yang energy through the use of ancient dragon music.
- Pi-his: Provider of knowledge, luck and upholds the virtue of finer education.
- Pa-hsia: Provider of strength and support when called upon during times of need.
- Chao-feng: Guardian of the holy places, sacred lands, and holy temples.
- Chih wen: Symbolizes the power of water over fire.
- Suan-ni: Mighty protector and emblem against theft, loss or betrayal of any kind.
- Yai-tzu: Protector and guardian against any physical harm.
- Pi-kau: Defends again litigation, verbal disputes, or false accusations.